A much-anticipated monetary policy announcement from the Federal Reserve will shape price action across financial markets in the week ahead.
The US Dollar is on the offensive as traders brace for what could be a major hawkish policy pivot at the Federal Reserve. Will Jerome Powell and company deliver?
Sterling traders will be happy to see a raft of potentially market moving releases and events next week after a week of twiddling their thumbs.
The Australian Dollar will be as in thrall to the week’s Federal Reserve monetary policy meeting as the rest of the currency complex
Crude oil is set for a second weekly gain despite a sharp rise in US output that shows little signs of slowing thanks to rising demand forecasts and geopolitical concerns as the market’s focus.
Equities Forecast: S&P 500 & FTSE Face FOMC, BoE; DAX Still Trying to Mend Itself
See how retail traders are positioning in the majors using the IG Client Sentiment readings on the sentiment page.
- ^ US Dollar (www.dailyfx.com)
- ^ US Dollar on Offensive Before Fed Rate Decision. Will it Last? (www.dailyfx.com)
- ^ British Pound (www.dailyfx.com)
- ^ From Famine to Feast - BOE, Hard Data and Brexit (www.dailyfx.com)
- ^ Australian Dollar (www.dailyfx.com)
- ^ Australian Dollar Pressured, Fed Hawkishness Will Be Decisive (www.dailyfx.com)
- ^ Crude Oil (www.dailyfx.com)
- ^ Crude Oil Bulls Turn Spotlight To Demand Ahead of Trade War Clarification (www.dailyfx.com)
- ^ S&P 500 & FTSE Face FOMC, BoE; DAX Still Trying to Mend Itself (www.dailyfx.com)
- ^ FOMC (www.dailyfx.com)
- ^ Gold Prices At Risk if Fed Echoes Jerome Powell Outlook At Hike